CIT 2017 Laughing Buddha 2oz Gilded Silver
The Laughing Buddha, brings good luck, contentment and abundance in one’s life. It depicts plenitude of whatever one wishes for – be it wealth, happiness or satisfaction. Usually depicted as a stout, laughing bald man with an overtly exposed pot-belly stomach, laughing Buddha or celestial Buddha is better known as Hotei or Pu-Tai. It is said that his appearance comes from a Buddhist Zen monk who lived over 1000 years ago. His protruding stomach and jolly smile earned him this name.
Did you know
- The Budai is a depiction of Maltreya, the future Buddha, successor to the present day Buddha. In Europe and the Americas, however, Budai and Buddha are often not differentiated.
- The sitting posture of Buddha is considered to be that of love and it symbolises balance of thoughts and tranquillity.
- Metal: 999 Silver
- Weight: 2oz
- Year of Issue: 2017
- Mintage Limit: 888
- Finish: Black Proof Gilded
- Certificate of Authenticity: Yes
- Minted by CIT (Coin Invest Trust) under the issuing authority of Palau
Featuring the Laughing Buddha or Budai, this coin merges two popular techniques with an ever cheerful Laughing Buddha image. Weighing a whooping two ounces and has an elegant black proof surface finish. The gleaming Laughing Buddha is gilded and struck in a striking smartminting high relief.
The obverse displays the coat of arms of the issuing state below an outrigger canoe. Above, the inscription REPUBLIC OF PALAU, below, the nominal value.
This collector’s coin is rounded off with a stylised box with an impression of a smiling Buddha on the lid and Coin Invest Trust’s certificate of authenticity is enclosed.
Non European Union Buyers
All pricing includes Euro Zone VAT (sales tax) of 20%. If you reside outside of the Euro Zone VAT will be deducted once your full shipping address is entered in your account details. Non-European Union Price is £133.33. Please see here for regions we ship to outside of the EU.